Transfer and taxi are the services similar in purpose, but completely different in content. In this article, we will try to find out how the transfer differs from a taxi, and which of these services will be more comfortable and reliable.
- Taxi transports passengers at the established tariff and is usually provided immediately after receiving the request. Transfer can be reserved and needs to determine all the possible nuances.
- Taxis are not always served on time. This is especially unpleasant when you are late for an important meeting or a plane. If you arrange the transfer service in advance, this guarantees you a one hundred percent ready car on time.
- We often choose a taxi randomly, which means a lottery. Transfer services are provided by trusted distributors that guarantee the safety of their passengers and the quality of services.
- The main goal of any taxi driver is to transport a passenger from point A to point B. The transfer company’s driver has much more extensive functions, which may include:
- meeting the client and helping with baggage, for example, when transferring to the airport;
- selection of the most optimal and shortest route with maximum security;
- planning of stops during a long trip;
- a sightseeing tour of the area for nonresidents or foreigners, as well as general recommendations regarding your stay in the country or city;
- assistance with settlement (if a transfer to the hotel is provided).
- Modern taxi services mainly operate as informational services. Therefore, taking an order for a trip, they just pass it on to any free driver. At the same time, drivers do not undergo a special testing (the list of requirements for hiring is tiny). On the other hand, companies providing transfer services strictly certify their employees. Moreover, such certifications have two levels: checking the required level of driving skills and a medical examination to guarantee the complete safety of customers.
Customers, who want to spend time and money efficiently, as well as take care of their own safety and comfort, prefer transfer. This can be explained by several advantages of this service.
- Booking a transfer service, you choose at least the class of car: for example, economy, business or premium. A chosen vehicle will wait for you with the driver at the indicated time and in the right place.
- A guarantee of cleanliness and presentable appearance of the car, as well as a neat driver accompanying you.
- In case you need to meet foreign partners at the airport, you can ask the company to provide an English-speaking driver.
- You can pay for transfer services not only in cash, but also by bank transfer, making a contract for a legal entity.
- Transfer service is a guarantee of a high-quality and safe trip by car. The maintenance of the vehicle is the company’s, not an individual driver’s responsibility.
- Most often, a transfer is ordered for getting to or from the airport. Nevertheless, this service will be relevant for any trips over long distances, for example, from one city to another. If there is a need to transfer a group of more than four people, then you can order not a small passenger car, but a comfortable minivan or minibus.
What is more profitable?
A taxi service will be convenient if you need a car here and now, and you are ready to wait a bit. In addition, in monetary terms, it is often cheaper than a transfer. However, not always:
- if your plane is delayed, then for a taxi in most companies you will have to pay immediately. Transfer companies often provide some free waiting time;
- a taxi is almost always paid by distance. Transfer has a fixed tariff for traveling around the city. Thus, if you need to go to a neighboring area, a taxi will be cheaper, but when you need a trip from one side of the city to another, a transfer can be much more profitable.
On the other hand, even if the transfer costs more, it provides the client with much more comfort, reliability and prestige.