Car rental in Poland
Warsaw, Katowice, Poznan or colorful picturesque villages – whichever of these places you choose to travel, the best way to get to know Poland is to rent a car. This helps you to see all the beauties of this wonderful European country with comfort.
Nowadays, almost nobody considers car rental in Poland as a luxury service, because it has become a regular thing for tourists who want to make their trip active and see the maximum. Would you like to be among such vacationers? 7Cars will help you choose a budget and quality car.
Rent cars in Poland easily and cheaply
We recommend ordering cars in Poland from our partners – Rentalcars company. Click on the button below to go to the booking form.
How to rent a car in Poland?
Most rental companies provide cars both for a day and for long-term rental.
We recommend booking your car in advance – this will save you some money. You can do this directly on our website by filling out a special form at the top of this page. The form will redirect you to the catalog of all cars that are available for rental in the city of your choice on the desired date.
To rent a car, you must:
- be at least 21 years old and have a driving experience of 2 years;
- have an international driving license;
- have a passport and a credit card with the name of the main driver.
Payment is made online by credit or debit card. In most cases, you can cancel your reservation up to two days before the date on which you ordered a car.
Also, be prepared to pay for insurance and leave a security deposit for a vehicle. The price varies depending on the rental period and the company that provides a car.
Tips for driving a car in Poland
The base of traffic rules is the same for most countries. But still there are some nuances that you should pay attention to before the trip, so that your vacation goes without unpleasant surprises.
Before traveling in Poland, we recommend you to familiarize yourself with the following traffic rules.
- The speed limit in localities from 06:00 to 23:00 is 50 km/h, from 23:00 to 06:00 – 60 km/h, outside the city – 90 km/h, on the highway – 100-120 km/h (depending on the number of lanes), and 140 km/h on the motorway. The minimum permissible speed on the autobahn is 40 km/h. The fine for speeding is from 57 to 760 zlotys.
- The passing beam should be lit regardless of the time of day. If a car has daytime running lights, they can be used during the daytime. If this rule is not followed, the driver may be fined 100 zlotys.
- Passengers whose height is less than 150 centimeters should travel only in the rear seats. If a car does not have a child seat, children can only be transported if the seat belts are correctly adjusted. Otherwise, you will have to pay a fine of 150 zlotys.
- Seat belts are required for use by all passengers. Fine is 100 zlotys.
- Driver can talk on the phone only with the hands free If you talk in the usual way, holding a mobile phone with your hands, you can get a fine of 200 zlotys.
Also, keep in mind that many roads in Poland are paid. The fee depends on the mileage that you need to travel by car.
The most popular car rental locations in Poland
Of course, the capital city will be the first on the must visit list. There are two airports in Warsaw: the first one is within the city limits (Warsaw Chopin Airport), and the other is located in 49 km from the center (Warsaw-Modlin Airport). If you intend to fly to Poland with a low-cost airline, then you will most likely arrive at the second airport. Therefore, we recommend you to order car delivery directly to the airport.
After that, we advise you to go to the most picturesque places: the old city, the palace square, the royal castle – all of these will tell you the history of the country, and the majestic architecture will give you an aesthetic pleasure.
In addition to famous tourist cities such as Krakow, Gdansk or Wroclaw, you will also find many beautiful places throughout the country. This is exactly the case when renting a car will become even more valuable, because not all tourists can get to these places.
Zakopane and Tatra Mountains
This beautiful ski resort and the incredible mountain system of the Carpathians will not leave anyone indifferent. In addition to climbing the mountain tops and having fun while outdoor activities, you can admire glacial basin, mountain lakes and deep valleys.
Masurian Lake District
There is a lake plateau in the northern part of Poland, which charms visitors. There are about 4 thousand lakes, most of which are connected by canals and rivers. You can ride kayaks or sailboats there.
Not far from Przemysl you can find a castle designed by an Italian architect in the style of the late Renaissance. First of all, it is very beautiful and definitely worth your attention. And secondly, you can live there, because now this is a 3-star hotel, in which one night with breakfast costs only from 58 euros. Now you have the opportunity to brag about spending the night in a castle of the 16-17th century.
If you travel with children, then this place in Szczecin is definitely a must visit. Kayaking, pedalo, canoeing, mini-golf, paintball, basketball in tandem with incredible nature will be a great family vacation.
Pack your bags, book a car on our site and go explore our incredible world. Have a nice trip!