Dear drivers! We would like to remind you that since June 1, 2020, a system of automatic video recording of traffic violations starts to work in Ukraine. It is based on the experience of EU countries: the introduction of similar measures has significantly improved the level of road safety.
At the initial stage of system implementation, 20 control devices (cameras) are placed in Kyiv to automatically monitor the violations. So far, only one type of violation is being committed: it’s exceeding the speed limits.
We remind you that the following speed regime is set in Kyiv now:
- up to 50 km/h on most roads within the city. Thus, a speed of 50 + 20 + 3 = 73 km/h or more is considered a violation (where 3 km/h is a possible error of the device);
- on some roads, according to the decision of the Kyiv City Council, from April 1 to November 1, the limit is up to 80 km/h. Accordingly, a speed of 80 + 20 + 3 = 103 km/h or more is considered a violation.
You can see where the cameras are installed on the map below.
Addresses of control devices are here:
- Oleny Telihy St., 39;
- Naberezhne Highway, 4 (on the opposite side);
- Dniprovska Embankment (at the intersection with Prychalna St.);
- Bratyslavska St., 18;
- Chokolivsky Boulevard, 24;
- 2 cameras on Pivnichnyi Bridge (towards the left and right bank);
- Brovarsky Avenue (near the Livoberrezhna metro station);
- Brovarsky Avenue (at the intersection with Budivelnykiv St.);
- 2 cameras on Pivdennyi Bridge (towards the left and right bank);
- Heroiv Stalingrada Avenue, 25;
- Volodymyra Mayakovskoho Avenue, 65;
- Volodymyra Mayakovskoho Avenue, 56;
- Druzhby Narodiv Boulevard, 36;
- Druzhby Narodiv Boulevard, 27;
- 2 cameras on Stolychne Highway, 58 (in the direction of Kyiv and Obukhiv);
- 2 cameras on Kharkivska Square (in the direction of Boryspil and Kyiv).
You can read more about the new control system on the Ministry of Internal Affairs website.
7Cars asks you to follow the traffic rules, whether you are moving with your own or a rented car. Keep in mind that it is a guarantee of the vehicle’s, driver’s and passengers’ safety, as well as of the insurance payment in case of an accident!